2018 WVASFAA FALL CONFERENCE
November 5-7, 2018
Rocky Gap Casino and Resort
-- REGISTER NOW --
-- Download the Final Agenda --
IMPORTANT CONFERENCE INFORMATION
- WVASFAA Conferences typically are held from Wednesday thru Friday. However, the Fall 2018 conference will be held from Monday thru Wednesday. Newcomer reception will be held on Monday from 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm. Welcome and Opening Remarks will begin at 2:00 pm. Conference will end on Wednesday at noon.
- Meals/snacks provided with registration fee:
Monday: Late Afternoon Snack Break
Tuesday: Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
Rocky Gap Resort has four eateries on site – Lakeside, Signatures Bar and Grill, LB’s Place & A Little Munch Food and Drink
- Tuesday, November 6 is a WV General Election Day. For more information on early voting refer to https://sos.wv.gov/elections/Pages/Early-Voting.aspx
WHAT TO EXPECT AT THE CONFERENCE
- Keynote and general sessions; speakers include representatives from Department of Education, NASFAA, EASFAA, State Presidents and Master Rick Rando.
- Newcomer networking reception
- Numerous arranged and informal networking opportunities
- Two breakfasts, one general session lunch, afternoon coffee and snack breaks, and an evening reception. (Guests may purchase a Guest Pass to participate in all meals).
- Opportunity to connect with key business partners, lenders and higher education support systems.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Conference is a must-attend for professionals working in the financial aid, scholarships, loans and/or higher education fields. It’s appropriate for staff of all types of higher education institutions and those who support them, including:
- 4-yr, 2-yr, Public or Private Colleges and Universities
- High School Counselors or Administrators
- Financial Aid and Student Support departments
- For- profit companies who support and/or collaborate with financial aid administrators
- Business Partners or Educational Assistance Lenders
Registration: $135 (2018-19 WVASFAA Membership Required)
Late Registration (After 10/22): $160 (2018-19 WVASFAA Membership Required)
One Day Registration: $99 (2018-19 WVASFAA Membership Required)
Late One Day Registration (After 10/22): $124 (2018-19 WVASFAA Membership Required)
Attendees who wish to bring guests to meal functions can purchase guest meals for $89 (all conference meals).
Registration Cancellation Policy: Full conference registration refund may be requested with an extreme extenuating circumstance. Contact WVASFAA Treasurer, Stephany Harper Stephany.email@example.com for details.
16701 Lakeview Road
Flintstone, Maryland 21530
Located in Western Maryland’s Allegany County, Rocky Gap Resort Casino overlooks Lake Habeeb and Rocky Gap State Park, and is 8.1 miles from Cumberland, Maryland. The property is just over two hours from Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Washington, DC.
The 198 graciously appointed guest rooms and suites offer breathtaking views of the mountains and lake. Guests can also enjoy complimentary wireless Internet, indoor swimming pool, spa and fitness center, complimentary self-parking and valet parking and four restaurants and lounges. Rocky Gap Casino Resort is a smoke-free property.
Check In: 4:00 PM
Check Out: 11:00 AM
Group Hotel Rate: $89.00 per night
Book Hotel Reservations: Call 301-784-8489
Group Code: Tri State Annual Conference
Room Block: Reservations under our block of rooms must be made by 10/1/2018 to guarantee conference discount.
Additional Information: https://www.rockygapcasino.com/
All reservations must be accompanied by a first night room deposit or guaranteed with a major credit card.
2018 Spring Conference Handouts
|The ABC's of Gen Z
|Best Practices in Financial Literacy and Early FAFSA Awareness
|Financial Aid Office and Enrollment Management
|How to Make Student Communications Stick
|Income Driven Repayment and Public Service Loan Forgiveness
|Inside the Beltway – Washington Update
|Legs, Regs and You
|Reauthorization & the PROSPER Act
|The Future of the West Virginia National Guard Tuition Funding
SGT Brandon Hodge
|What Would You Do?
|WV State Update
-- View the WVASFAA Conference Handout Archive --